Science & Technology Indonesia and its editorial board fully adhere and comply with the policies and principles. Before you begin, all authors must disclose any financial and personal relationships with other people or organizations that could inappropriately influence their work. Examples of potential conflicts of interest include employment, consultancies, stock ownership, honoraria, paid expert testimony, patent applications/ registrations, and grants or other funding. If there are no conflicts of interest, then please state this: 'Conflicts of interest: none'.
Originality, Authorship, and Copyright
The manuscripts submitted for publication to Science and Technology Indonesia must be original research works such as full articles, communications, or original reviews written in English that have not been previously published and is not being considered for publication elsewhere. All the authors must have agreed to the article submission and review process and the order of their names on the title page. They must also have agreed that the corresponding author may act on their behalf throughout the editorial review and publication process. The corresponding author is responsible for obtaining such agreement. Requests for changes in authorship (order of listing or addition or deletion of names) after submission should be accompanied by signed statements of agreement from all the parties involved. To maintain and protect the publisher‘s ownership and rights and to protect the original authors from misappropriations of their published work, author(s) are required to sign a form statement and send it to email@example.com.
Duties of Authors
- Reporting standards: Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance
- Data Access and Retention: Authors may be asked to provide the raw data in connection with a paper for editorial review, and should be prepared to provide the work of others must always be given.
- Originality and Plagiarism: The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others, that this has been appropriately cited or quoted. Please check the manuscript article using plagiarism software detection for check manuscript article. Science and Technology Indonesia used iThenticate® software professional plagiarism prevention for processing manuscript articles.
- Multiple, Redundant or Concurrent Publication: An author should not, in general, publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication.
Duties of Editors
- Fair, correct and unbiased decisions should be made by editors, free from commercial consideration to ensure an equitable and appropriate peer review process.
- Editors should maintain the reliability of suspected or alleged research and publication misconduct.
- Editors should critically assess the ethical issues regarding studies in humans and animals should be considered.
- Editors should observe conflict of interest during the review process and should have appropriate policies in place for handling editorial conflicts of interest.
- Editors should ensure complete transparency and honest reporting regarding the manuscripts processing.
Ethical Responsibilities of Reviewers
- Articles under review should not be shared or discussed with anyone outside the review process unless necessary and approved by the editor of Science and Technology Indonesia. Manuscript articles submitted for peer-review are a privileged communication that should be treated in confidence, taking care to guard the author’s identity and work. Reviewers should not retain copies of submitted manuscripts and should not use the knowledge of their content for any purpose unrelated to the peer review process.
- Constructive critique. Reviewer Comments should acknowledge positive aspects of the article/manuscript under review, identify negative aspects constructively, and indicate the improvements needed. Anything less leaves the author with no insight into the deficiencies in the submitted work. A reviewer should explain and support his or her judgment clearly enough that editors Science and Technology Indonesia and authors can understand the basis of the comments. The reviewer should ensure that an observation or argument that has been previously reported be accompanied by a relevant citation and should immediately alert the editor when he or she becomes aware of duplicate publication.
- Timeliness and responsiveness. Reviewers are responsible for acting promptly, adhering to the instructions for completing a review and submitting it in a timely manner. Failure to do so undermines the review process. Every effort should be made to complete the review within the time requested. If it is not possible to meet the deadline for the review, then the reviewer should promptly decline to perform the review or should inquire whether some accommodation can be made to resolve the problem.
- It is the ARTS publisher’s responsibility to promptly release corrections or retractions after the discovery of a significant error or scientific inaccuracy in a published work.
- Reprint copies of the published article will be shipped to the corresponding authors in Indonesia only if needed especially for academic purposes, approximately four weeks after the issue is printed. Authors, including overseas authors, who wish to purchase reprints, are required to complete the Reprint Order Form. Please fill reprint order form in article processing charges, which has available in journal menu. The reprint order form should be sent together with gallery proofs to Science and Technology Indonesia via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: July 28, 2017
Science and Technology Indonesia
p-ISSN 2580-4405 e-ISSN 2580-4391
Copyright@2017 Science and Technology Indonesia
All Right Reserved